This Policy applies to all personal information collected by the Association through this website or any other means, in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003) and its related laws and guidelines (hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act”).
Contact: Akan Ainu Industrial Arts Association General Manager
Address: Akan-cho Akanko Onsen 4-chome 7-84, Kushiro-shi, Hokkaido, Japan
- We recognize the importance of protecting personal information. We shall collect personal information in lawful and fair means, and limit its use and provision to the scope of the purposes of use.
- If we need to use personal information beyond the scope of the specified purposes, we shall inform the relevant customer to obtain their consent.
- We shall take appropriate technical, administrative, and physical measures to safeguard personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- If we need to entrust the handling of personal information to an external party, we shall ensure the proper protection and management of the personal information.
- We shall comply with the Personal Information Protection Act and other rules related to the maintenance of public order and morals.
- We shall strive to continuously improve our policy for the protection of personal information.
- If we receive a request from a customer to disclose, correct, or delete their personal information, or if we receive an inquiry or complaint regarding the Association’s handling of personal information, we shall respond in good faith and without delay.
Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The Association shall use the personal information collected through contact forms on the website or through other correspondence (e.g. telephone calls, e-mails, etc.) for the following purposes:
- To contact customers and respond to inquiries.
- To provide tours and related services, and collect payments for such services.
- To inform customers of our services and related promotions, and conduct other advertising and marketing activities.
- To provide information to customers through newsletters, direct mail, and other channels.
- To conduct customer surveys and questionnaires.
- To prepare statistical data and conduct market research and analysis for the development of new services.
- To improve the usability of the website and the quality of our services.
- To maintain a safe and secure user environment through the prevention, detection, analysis, and elimination of illegal activity.
- Other purposes necessary for the smooth execution of transactions with customers.
Third Party Disclosure
- The Association may disclose personal information such as a customer’s name, sex, age, address, nationality, telephone number, and e-mail address to an insurance company or other relevant party to the extent necessary in order to provide services requested by the customer, and to secure insurance to cover our contractual liability and any expenses that may arise in case of any contingency.
- The Association may request personal information relating to a customer’s emergency contacts to prepare for any contingency such as illness or accidents. The Association shall use said personal information when it is deemed necessary in the event of illness, injury, or other emergency during the provision of services. The customer is responsible for obtaining consent from their emergency contacts regarding the furnishing of the relevant personal information to the Association.
- The Association may disclose personal information such as a customer’s name, sex, age, address, nationality, telephone number, and e-mail address to national or local authorities to the extent necessary for maintaining a safe and secure user environment, including the prevention, detection, analysis, and elimination of illegal activity.
- The Association may also disclose personal information to a third party in the following cases:
- If it is necessary for the protection of human life, body, or property, and it is difficult or impractical to obtain the consent of the individual concerned.
- If it is necessary to cooperate with a governmental agency to enforce the law or carry out a legal process, and obtaining the consent of the individual concerned could impede the execution of those duties.
- If it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- If it is reasonably judged to be necessary in order to render a service to the customer.
Shared Use of Personal Information
- Information subject to shared use:
Customer’s name, sex, age, address, nationality, telephone number, e-mail address, and other personal information collected through contact forms on the website or through other correspondence (e.g. telephone calls, e-mails, etc.).
- Scope of shared use parties:
Partner companies that market the services provided by the Association on its behalf.
- Purpose of shared use:
For the smooth and appropriate provision and execution of services to customers.